The clinic was opened in the autumn of 2005 to provide a facility in central Reading primarily for the treatment of lower limb musculo-skeletal pathologies that have their aetiology (cause) in abnormal biomechanical compensation.
The aim of Susan Sandall (Podiatrist) the Clinic's Director, was to assemble a team, from various disciplines involved in treating people with a common aim to work together trying to keep and to treat the body in motion.
The clinic seeks to diagnose the root cause of the overuse injury, not merely to treat the symptoms. The clinic can provide the patient with a treatment plan and a route back to full recovery, and beyond:
- Diagnosis of the underlying cause and possible ways to manage this
- Treatment of soft tissue injury
- Realignment of gait and stability
- Understanding the need to improving core stability
- Training in exercise regimes tailored to deal with the individual's requirements
The clinic operates from elegant air conditioned Georgian premises in Central Reading, which are easily accessible by private and public transport.
The practitioners can call upon the services of a Sports Physician, with extensive knowledge of dealing with Olympic athletes and orthopaedic and podiatric consultants, should more specialist assistance be required.
back to top ^